Addiction can take many forms, including use of drugs, alcohol, the internet, or gambling.
And, while these activities may seem to provide temporarily relief of stress, depression, or anxiety, over time, they only compound problems, turning coping into addiction.
Left untreated, substance abuse and addiction can create serious problems for your health, relationships, and work. The good news? There are many options available for treating addictions and Redline can help you access resources no matter where you are living or working.
- Access REDLINE’s resources for Addiction on the Lifeworks website
When Someone You Care About Abuses Drugs or Alcohol
Karen Novara talks about how the signs, effects and treatment options for drug and alcohol abuse when it is someone you care about.
Lifeworks “Stop Smoking” Centre
This personalized program will offer you education, exercises, support and resources to work through the smoking cessation process.
- How Hockey Got Hooked on Pills
- Former NHLer Fedoruk opens up on substance issues
- Ambien use for insomnia is prevalent among NHL players
- Former Bruin Derek Sanderson on his Demons
- The Battle - by Rich Clune, The Players Tribune
- Ex-NHLer had concussion-related drug addiction, won't let son play hockey as a result
- Theo Fleury says addiction robbed him of 21 years of maturity. So today, he’s ‘only 29’
- Sheldon Souray thankful for NHL's substance-abuse program